Delighted to announce…Camino – Leadership Notes on the Road launches TODAY! You can order your copy or register for my book launch webinar HERE 
Featured in Camino
I review my 20 rules of Leadership every few months. I have published this list regularly in my Daily Thoughts. Very few if any drop out but when they do they get substituted by a new angle. This is my updated list today.
MY 20 RULES OF LEADERSHIP
- Earn credibility all the time. Stocks deplete easily.
- Act as if you did not have anything to lose.
- Be unreasonable in your demands, the reasonable ones are taken.
- Detect bullshit and become proficient at detecting it. Then, protect yourself and others.
- Exercise provocation with panache and respect. Aim at being appreciated, not hated, for it.
- Don’t be a provocateur, rebel, maverick, contrarian or challenger for the sake of it. Have a good ‘because’ ready.
- Infect others, don’t do it alone.
- Be restless, be uncomfortable (and foolish and hungry and the rest…). They’re the only things that confirm that you are alive.
- Watch your ego. Most of the time it is not your friend. Rule of thumb, most of the time it’s not about you.
- Never settle for one possibility only.
- Don’t waste your time managing the ‘inevitable’. There is a lot of ‘possible’ waiting for a leader. Look for what would not happen without you.
- Seek unpredictable answers. The predictable ones are already seeking you.
- Don’t be against anything. Don’t create enemies. The exceptions are mediocrity and dishonesty.
- Write down your little bit of daily legacy in a secret little book.
- There is only one test: what will you tell the children? (that you do, you did, you didn’t do).
- More important than what you say is what people hear when you are saying it.
- Practice ‘I don’t know’, possibly followed by ‘and I don’t think you know either, so let’s figure it out’.
- Make things happen first, then clean up the process for the next time. In that order.
- The unexamined leadership, like the unexamined life, is not worth living.
- Play as many roles as you want, but never a victim or an enemy. Both being ‘victim’ or ‘enemy’, requires your full consent.
Delighted to announce…Camino – Leadership Notes on the Road launches TODAY! You can order your copy, register for my launch webinar and download extracts HERE