I suggest we aim at a package of shifts in organizational life: a 10 point manifesto, the Remarkable Organization Manifesto (AKA about time we move in these new directions. Here it is:
- From a multitude of ‘methods’ for a multitude of initiatives that solve problems more or less but left no legacy behind, to a single Mobilizing Platform with rules of the game that builds constant capacity. No apologies, for us this is Viral Change™
- From ‘culture’ as a project, to the shaping and curating of an internal social movement (tip, don’t look in the MBA books)
- From prima donna push systems (communications), to both push and pull systems (communications + behavioural) that work in tandem
- From obsession with processes to leading through behaviours
- From top down organising and dictating to bottom up grassroots organising
- From predominant hierarchical influence to the wide use and orchestration of peer-to-peer influence and networks
- From a primary formal organization with its overgrown structures of teams, committees and task forces, to a healthy and leading informal organization
- From overwhelming top down narrative systems (missions, visions and the rest) to organic bottom up storytelling
- From top down leadership domination to top down working with a powerful distributed leadership system and supporting it ‘backstage’
- From ‘change’ and change management to ability to change and creation of a permanent state of readiness.
We are in serious need of these shifts. The music has been there for a while, but I have not seen the orchestra, so I suspect there is an organizational development conspiracy in the form of a massive MP3 of some sort.
Continue the conversation….
Learn how to successfully mobilize your people!
Do you want to learn how to successfully mobilize your people for a purpose and change culture? Culture is the key to the complex post Covid-19 future in front of us. Join us on 16th July, 18:00 BST/19:00 CET for our free webinar on The Myths of Company Culture.
Stuck in old concepts, we have made culture change hard and often impossible. The failure of communication programmes or ‘culture training’ tell us a lot about the myths in this area. Learn how to successfully mobilize your people for a purpose and change culture. Culture is the key to the complex post Covid-19 future in front of us. Over the Covid-19 peak across the world we have seen the best and the worst of company cultures. Sometimes it felt like a pressure cooker. Culture is now ‘the strategy’, but we need to get rid of some assumptions and learn inconvenient truths.
Each participant who attends any of the live webinars of the Feed Forward series will be eligible for one copy of The Flipping Point.
Contact us to find out more about engaging Dr Leandro Herrero for speaking opportunities with your company.
Would you like to comment?