There you are. This is a 25 facets supermarket of identities for Project Leaders/Product Developers/Team leaders etc.
Some you’ll like them, some you won’t. Some you think it has nothing to do with you, but others think this is you. And viceversa.
Be careful with choosing/playing your identities. This is what people see. Choose, before they pick you.
- Leader! As in Project Leader! (?)
- Project Manager (but called leader?)
- Information traffic warden, most days
- Super secretary (denied)
- Recording officer
- Journalist writing down what happens ( and reinventing a bit)
- Rapid Reaction commando
- Psychotherapist, calming everybody down
- Killer question detective
- Dragon’s Den pitcher
- Comfort provider to nervous senior leadership (Valium for the Board)
- Trust generator
- Navigator of the system’s deficiency
- Blame sponge (blame generator?)
- Communicator, messenger (good news, bad news)
- ‘Making it work first’ guy, fixing the system later
- Machiavelli in the payroll
- Difficult questions generator
- Critical Thinker
- Father, mother, grandpa, grandma
- The guy with the powerpoints