Here you are. 25 identities for Project Leaders/Product Developers/Team leaders etc.
Some you’ll like, some you won’t. Some you’ll think have nothing to do with you, but others you’ll think, this is you. And vice versa.
Be careful with choosing/playing your identities. This is what people see. Choose, before they pick you.
- Leader! As in Project Leader! (?)
- Project Manager (but called leader?)
- Information traffic warden, most days
- Super secretary (denied)
- Recording officer
- Journalist writing down what happens (and reinventing a bit)
- Rapid Reaction commando
- Psychotherapist, calming everybody down
- Killer question detective
- Dragon’s Den pitcher
- Comfort provider to nervous senior leadership (Valium for the Board)
- Trust generator
- Navigator of the system’s deficiency
- Blame sponge (blame generator?)
- Communicator, messenger (good news, bad news)
- ‘Making it work first’ guy, fixing the system later
- Machiavelli in the payroll
- Difficult questions generator
- Critical Thinker
- Father, mother, grandpa, grandma
- The person with the powerpoints