This is my brand new, 10 questions, Employee Engagement/Satisfaction/Climate/All-in-One Survey, or TCP 10. That’s right, this is ‘The Chalfont Project 10 questions’. There is The Gallup 12 questions, and the TCP 10 questions. Ours is shorter. And Better. Ours is a company MRI.
(My original proprietary Employee Engagement survey has gone complex. It used to have one question. Number one in the list. The shortest Employee Engagement survey has one question)
These are the 10 questions:
- Why are you still here?
- What would make you leave?
- Where would you like to be, if you were not here (what company you’d really, really like to work for)?
- If you were the CEO, what would you fix tomorrow?
- What’s the headline you’d like to see in a newspaper about your company?
- How long do you think you’ll stay here?
- Can you name the top Leadership Team of the company (no cheating in Google)?
- Are your colleagues human or robots?
- Do you like Mondays? How difficult is to get out of bed to come to work here?
- Could you answer that question that we have not asked you, and you expected us to ask, but we were too self-centred and missed it?
A thorough, serious, deep, interpretation of the answers, and a critical dialog about them, will give you more than many multi-questions, multi-angle Employee (engagement, satisfaction, happiness) questionnaires. By the way, this is not just an amusing set, we DO use this in our organizational consulting practice.
Crowdsourcing note: please suggest other questions, but tell me which one to substitute, because the total number is only 10.
You are a star.